From the Homemade in Hatch article in the September 2016 issue.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 whole green chiles
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- In medium-size bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in flour. Gradually add half-and-half and water. Add salt and butter. In a griddle on medium-high heat, add cup batter. Tilt pan in circular motion and swirl so batter is even. Flip to other side.
- When six crepes are done, lay them on a cutting board. Place green chile in the middle of each crepe and cut crepe and chile in two. Place a half slice of pepper jack cheese on each before rolling up crepe.
- Makes 12 snacks that can be served cold with hummus, sour cream, or spreadable cheese. They can also be left whole and heated, like chiles rellenos.