From the Rooted in Place article in the January 2017 issue.
- 1 1/2 cups corn masa
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plums (dried and pitted)
- 2 cups currants
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix masa and amaranth flour together. Add salt and eggs.*
- Press the mixture into a pie pan to make the crust.
- Boil plums down with water until they become a syrup. Mix currants and syrup and spread over the piecrust. Bake for 40 minutes.
* Add water to make dough pliable. You will have enough to add a top crust. If desired, roll it, place over the top, pinch the edges together, and cut a few vents before baking.