Above: Get warm from the inside out with this hyperlocal toddy. Photograph courtesy of Dry
- 1 1/2 ounces Los Pasos Sangiovese Brandy, by Dry Point Distillers
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon-infused Dry Spell Bourbon, by Dry Point Distillers
- 1 ounce honey simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce cream or evaporated milk
- 3–4 ounces boiling water
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- To make the cinnamon-infused bourbon, steep a cinnamon stick in one cup bourbon for 12 hours. To make the honey simple syrup, add one part honey to one part boiling water, stir to dissolve honey, and let cool.
- Mix the syrup and milk in a warmed mug, then add boiling water. Stir, then add brandy and bourbon.
- Dust with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange peel.