From the "Whole Hog" article in the January 2018 issue.
Grilled Corn With Crumbled Tucumcari Cheese
- 4 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema (substitute high-quality mayonnaise, or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup water-packed Tucumcari Mountain Cheese Factory Feta (or other crumbly cheese, such as cotija)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico red chile powder
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Grill the corn over high heat, 5–8 minutes, until it is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Slather the hot corn with crema, mayonnaise, or sour cream, then sprinkle with cheese, cilantro, and chile powder. Add lime and salt to taste.