For this recipe we use New Mexico–made F&A asadero cheese, Talus Wind Ranch chorizo, and Alicia’s Tortilleria tortillas.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon onions, chopped
2 ounces chorizo
1/4 cup potatoes, chopped
1/4 cup shredded asadero cheese
2 large tortillas
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in olive oil about five minutes or until translucent.
- Add potatoes and cook on medium heat. Cover with lid and mix occasionally. Cook until tender, or about 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, brown chorizo, four to five minutes.
- Combine chorizo with potatoes into one of the pans.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, stir into chorizo-potato mixture, and scramble until fully incorporated and cooked, about four minutes. Add shredded cheese and salt, if needed.
- Warm tortillas one at a time on cast-iron pan on low heat, about 30 seconds to one minute per side.
- Working quickly, spoon the egg mixture into the middle of the tortilla, being sure not to overfill. Then roll (see guide here).