Inn of the Five Graces
Some of the Inn of the Five Graces’ buildings date to the 17th century. Importers of exotic goods Ira and Sylvia Seret began transforming the cluster of buildings in 1996. The 25-suite hotel houses a trove of family treasures carted home from Middle Eastern travels.
Don’t miss: The walls in each suite’s bathroom are covered with tile mosaics that took three to five months to complete.
Governor Clyde Tingley was among the first guests at Silver City’s 1938 Murray Hotel, which quickly set a new standard for Art Deco glamour. Its shops included a French boutique whose proprietress, Mimi Bibo, is also rumored to have run a gambling ring in the basement.
Don’t miss: When staying at the 53-room hotel, duck into the ballroom. A trio of original Streamline Moderne archways and plaster beams bedeck the space.
Hotel Parq Central
Hotel Parq Central was the 1926 Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Hospital. In 2010, the Italianate building reopened as a 74-room hotel. It pays homage to its past with hallway cases displaying railroad maps and medical equipment.
Don’t miss: The rooftop Apothecary Lounge toasts its Prohibition-era past with Sazerac and Pink Lady cocktails.