From the "Culinary DNA" article in the March 2018 issue.
Tangy Citrus Salsa
Citrus is at its peak in the late winter months. This one comes from the Miller-Kiffin collaboration Coyote’s Pantry.
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 ripe medium pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 oranges or tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 2 limes, peeled 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jigger (3 tablespoons) tequila, preferably silver
- Cut the pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, limes, and lemon into -inch dice. Combine them in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled with any cut of pork, or with fish fillets.