From the Spring into Summer article in the June 2016 issue.
Lamb T-Bone with Roasted Yukon Potatoes, Snap Peas, and Herbed Garlic Pesto
- 4 lamb T-bone steaks
- 1 pound snap peas
- 2 ounces pea shoots (garnish)
- 4 large Yukon potatoes
- 2/3 ounce fresh thyme
- 1 bunch parsley, picked and stemmed
- 2/3 ounce fresh oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3⁄4–1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450° F. Dice the potatoes in 1⁄2-inch cubes and toss them in olive oil and salt. Place in a large cast-iron pan and roast for 25–30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and lower heat to 350° F. While potatoes roast, make the savory herbed garlic pesto.
- Place garlic, herbs, and half the oil in blender. While blending, add remaining oil a little bit at a time to reach a sauce-like consistency.
- Pan-sear lamb on high heat for 3 minutes on each side and place in oven at 350° F for 8–10 minutes (medium rare), along with the potatoes, to reheat. Meanwhile, steam snap peas until just tender, pour out water, and return peas to the pot with a little butter, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble, place roasted potatoes on plate, mound the lamb atop, arrange snap peas over the meat, drizzle with herb sauce, and garnish with pea shoots.